Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Graduation...14 years later :)

Alright...Alright...I can take a hint. I know that I have been a blog slacker lately, but cut me some slack...I deal with daily drama at work...and I have had an extremely busy time lately.

But, the end is in sight. My semester is one week away from being done (my Hebrew final is next Friday), and I will have until the end of January before I start back...almost two full months of a school break.

I am so stoked...I met with an Academic advisor yesterday to confirm some decisions I was in the process of making. Some background on this...my masters degree is a 91 hour masters degree. I have been working on it since the fall of 2000. I have had five semesters where I was a full time student (9+ hours) and one semester off and the rest I have been considered part time (6 or less hours). I decided it was time to look into finally getting stinkin done and get serious about a plan (much like I have done with my finances in the past few months...they have started to turn around finally).

As of now...I will take 3 hours in the spring, 6 hours next fall, 9 hours the following spring, then 6, then 3. All while keeping my full time job, doing ministry, and trying to keep up with my relationships. The spring '07 semester will be a bear.

So projected graduation date...........................Spring 2008.

Graduated high school......................................Spring 1994.

Total college and grad school............................14 STINKIN YEARS!!!

How in the world does this happen to people :).

For those out there who have had college and post grad classes...please share some of these stories and help me feel better :).

Have a great Thanks...givin' (I have been told this is how I pronounce this word by my great friend A-dog).

6 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

Who is this blogger? ;)

Anyhoo, from my high school graduation from bachelor's degree reception, 15 years past...so, get in line. ;) At least you'll have a masters at the end of 14 years.

I didn't go during the full 15 years, but off and on. I think the reason is, when you are somewhat part-time/full-time, life continues to go on and you grow and change. This growth and change redirects you to different things, and different goals to education. At least that was my experience. A slight change in major extended my schooling another year.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

welcome back to the blogging world. hope you had a good thanksgiving...my tummy still hurts, so you know i had a good one. :)
take care!
--erin

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Rose,

Good...I dont feel completely alone :). And I only do it in 14 if, and only if, I stick to that plan...it may, sadly enough, end up being 15 as well.

Erin,

Thanks...I am glad to be back. I am going to try and make myself have time at the very least once a week to blog. With my semester coming to a close quickly, I hope to have more time. Are you ready for your German final??

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

not even close...i think i failed a test last week. oh well...my heart isn't in it with the holidays coming...now i remember why i got so antsy in college!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Sad times...I know the feeling. I am torn at times when it comes to school. I truly feel led to finish my MDIV, but there are so many things in my life at times that I know my heart isnt it. I really wasnt in to learning Hebrew this semester. There are other things that I know I am interested in learning more. I am about to start taking some counseling classes over the next few semesters that I know I will appreciate much more.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Congrats! I'm graduating next week. I was summoned for Jury Duty recently and they wanted to know how many years of school I've received. 22! Ack!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home