Monday, October 10, 2005

Mini Marathon Here I come

I just wanted to share with my few loyal readers an accomplishment that is huge for me.

I have been running now for several months (started around March or April), but even though I have ran as long as I have now, I still have the occasional stops to catch my breath on the long runs...there is one hill that I run up near my apartment that kills me everytime. I can usually make the two and three mile runs without a stop...but anything more I find myself pushing myself too hard at times and wearing myself down to the point that I have to walk for 20 or 30 yards once or twice.

Last Friday evening I was able to make it up that hill and completely finish a five mile run without stopping once.

Now I just have to be able to do that for 13 miles by the spring :).

Hope all are well...

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

Woo-hoo!! Way to go, K-Dog! 13 miles will be a piece of cake in no time!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger bcl said...

That's awesome Kev! Way to go! I think I remember how steep that hill was...that's super crazy. I know I could never run up that. But I'm not training for a mini-marathon either. lol...Hope all is well.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Thanks for the encouragement girls!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home