Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Movies VS. TV Shows

This is actually something that I noticed quite some time ago...I dont know if I have written about this much before now. I think that I have made references about this, but I dont know if I have never thrown it out there as a main topic of conversation. Even if I did, its worth a second look.

Something that I have noticed myself doing a great deal more of, if I go to the video store, is renting TV shows as opposed to renting movies.

There are so many shows that I have actually never seen as regularly scheduled programming. Alias, and the love of my life Jennifer Garner, is one of the long list of shows that I have strictly watched in DVD format. A few more are 24, Boomtown, and Dead Like me (One of my favorite shows of all time btw...even though it only lasted for two seasons on Showtime). The most recent show that I have been watching is Lost (what a great show...I have only seen 8 episodes of season one and I am hooked).

There are many advantages to doing this...The greatest advantage is the time factor.

1. When watching a show on a DVD, there are no commercials. You can watch the show in 20 (for a sitcom) to 45 (for a drama) minutes.

2. Not only do you do without the commercials, but watching a 45 minute drama compared to watching a 2 hour movie saves time as well.

3. Then there is the scheduling factor. I have mentioned before that I cannot guarantee from week to week that I am going to have the same time slot open on any given night.

Do any of you find that you rent more TV shows on DVD than Movies in any given month?

5 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger A.J. said...

TV shows - including 24, Alias, Lost, CSI: Miami, Dead Like Me, amongst others

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

I haven't yet, but with my online renting program with Blockbuster, I have more TV shows on my queue list because of the non-due date for returning rentals. I never felt like I could do that with the normal rental procedure at the regular stores

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Thanks to AJ...I can do it with my rentals lol.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I've seen all the Sex in the City episodes on DVD. I love renting the DVDs and then spinning on my trainer.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger bcl said...

Hey...a month since your last post. I'm getting bored! lol...but seriously, you need to update! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home