Thursday, July 28, 2005

My IPod Shuffle

The IPod shuffle is one of the greatest inventions ever created. I guess that would count for all MP3 players...

I just recently purchased my shuffle from a good friend of mine (he got a stinkin' 30 gig IPod...who needs that much space really? :)). I have been adding songs from my CDs for the past few days (about 90 songs so far), and I still have enough space for about 30-40 more songs. I even fell into the trap of ITunes and purchases a few 99 cent songs.

That brings me to my thought of the day...ITunes. Whoever thought of the idea of the ITunes store was brilliant. The simple fact that if you have an IPod, you are kind of a slave to ITunes to be able to manage what songs are on your player...that was their first smart move. I am not quite sure if there is a way around that. But beyond that, they are probably making a fortune off of people like me and you...those of us who will buy a few songs here and there at a cost of only 99 cents (not even a dollar). I am sure there are people out there who have purchased numerous songs that are less than a dollar...it has to add up.

4 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

it's still cheaper than purchasing an entire album when you think about it.

honestly, i love itunes, but don't have an ipod. my problem is that when i decide to purchase an mp3 player i will have to get an ipod or else get a new program. i love itunes so much though--i will probably be getting an ipod. *L*

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

I have grown to love Itunes...you are right, it is still cheaper to buy just the songs you like instead of buying the whole CD.

There are a couple of CDs in my collection that I bought because I liked one song...thinking I would like more of the CD, and in the end only liking the one song. After I did that a couple of times I made a rule that I would not buy a CD unless I knew that I liked at least two songs or at the very least previewed the CD.

With Itunes it is simpler...you just buy the songs you like.

It has also made running a great deal more enjoyable :).

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

THen there is the portable XM radio....a fee for access and then you take it with you wherever you go.....satelite radio with every choice known to humankind! :)

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I love my shuffle AND my iPOD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home