Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Back to Reality...

Well, I was able to enjoy six days of gorgeous Florida weather...its kind of funny, I was told that right before I came down, they had rain storms every night. I saw about two dozens drops of rain the entire time I was down there, and when my friend dropped me off at the airport yesterday, the bottom fell out. The entire time I waited to board my plain they had a monsoon.

I have to say that this proved to be one of, if not the, best trips I have ever had. I was able to relax with no worries of deadlines or responsibilities...it was much needed and well deserved.

I only have two regrets...one, I really wanted to see an alligator in the wild. I don't know why I wanted to do that so badly. I don't even know what I would have done had I seen one...maybe try to wrestle him :). I saw one at Busch Gardens, but unfortunately I was never able to see one at the lakes that I was near.

Secondly, I never went to a beach (believe it or not). I stayed in Lakeland, which is like an hour or so inland from Tampa and Clearwater...so any beach trip would have had to have been just that...a "trip". Not to mention, Clearwater is experiencing what they call the "Red Tide". This happens once or twice a year...there is an algae that kills a ton of fish, and they wash up on to the shore...it also causes people to get a scratchy throat and watery eyes...not to mention, I was told that the smell was awful too. When I saw that was going on, I kind of lost my desire to go to the beach.

The main thing was just getting to rest. My life is so hectic when I am home. I have stuff going on everyday of the week. And this summer has proven to be more eventful (as far as trips out of town) than any other summer that I have had since I have been in school. One of my friends jokingly said that he had forgotten what I looked like :). I also was very proud of myself for staying on top of running. There was a lake about a half mile from where I was staying that had a 3.5 mile trail around it...it was great...and very relaxing as well. My eating was horrible though...we wont get into that :).

Well, I have spent most of the day getting caught up at work, and that will consume the last hour that I have here as well. I will be chasing rabbits again starting tomorrow...I may share a couple of stories from my trip. I had a three hour adventure to try and find a towel to be able to take a shower the first morning I was there that was pretty funny...

2 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger erica said...

glad you got back safe!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Thanks...I will be glad when you are back safe too dear :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home