Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Just when you thought you'd heard it all...

Well, I hope that everyone had a great Memorial day weekend. I went home to Nashville and enjoyed some good times with my friends and family.

While I was home this weekend, as my dad was reading the Sunday paper, he shared an interesting story (it was local, so I am pretty sure most of yall have not heard this) with the group that has literally floored me, so I figured I would share it with any loyal readers (or passers by) of my weblog.

Apparently this mom (Anette Pharris) in Nashville decided to do something "special" for her sixteen year old boy's birthday party. This "special" thing has ended up getting a great number of people into a lot of "special" hot water.

Anette ( see article) decided that her son was "mature" for a sixteen year old ("age is just a number"), and thought it would be nice to hire a female stripper (Cassandra Joyce Park, a.k.a. "Sassy") to attend his sixteenth birthday bash. Not only was her son under age, but there were 10 others (out of 30, one of which was grandpa) that were there under the age of 18. Beyond the fact that I take issue with adult entertainment in general, there is the fact that there are laws. Her son cant get into the strip club (must be 18), but the mom apparently felt like it was legal for her to bring the strippers to him?

And if you dont think this is bad enough, it actually gets worse. The kids that were there took up a collection ($150), and as the mom left the room, they gave the collection to "Sassy" and requested that she fully disrobe. The public knows that she complied because the kids that were there had cameras and took pictures (one of the photographers was the 14 year old brother of the birthday boy). The mom actually took the film to a local drug store to have them developed, which I think is what actually started the investigation.

I wouldnt be as fired up about the whole thing (and believe me, hearing the story I was already pretty fired up), if the mom hadnt actually quoted a biblical text to try and defend (I guess this was an attempt at a defense) her actions ("Let he who is without sin cast the first stone").

As the smoke clears, indictments are being handed out left and right.

8 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

It's stories like these that make me want to either crawl in my hole and never come out again amongst the crazies, or do something significant to help them. I'm not a parent, nor claim to be an expert at that, but goodness this parent needs some help. I could say only in Tenn, but I'd bet it's happened in KY too. :)

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Kev you know me, pretty laid back and open minded..that being said...WHAT THE!!!! This family has some serious issues. I can not believe the mother had the nerve to quote a bible verse. I think she just RSVP herself a place in hell.

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it is funny that I wrote..."You know me..." and then signed my name Anoynmous...

Love,
Carrie

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Rose/carrie,

yeah i know...i was pretty blown away when i heard/read the article, and saw the news coverage on the local news.

the woman truly felt no remorse about it at all.

carrie,

i bet it is an even worse reaction when you are a parent. i felt bad for the kid, but as you know, i am not a parent either. so it is hard for me to even comprehend a parent's thoughts on the issue.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

how do you even begin to sort through the mess that is this situation...?? who needs to be "fixed" more...the parents or the kids....??

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

i agree...the kids will probably be effected in one way or another the rest of their lives because of this choice by his mom. that is part of the reason why the stinkin' laws are in place to begin with. they are not old enough to decide what they should be able to see.

my question is, if she encourages this in her house, what the heck else is going on there?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

bordello.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

yeah...definitely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home