Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Florida Eve

Hello all...it has been so crazy the past week or two. Once I missed one day of consistently writing an entry a while back, it was all down hill from there. I have been so busy in and out of work that I have barely had time to breathe, let alone make time to write a blog entry :).

Even though I have a ton of stuff to do today, I wanted to take time to write an entry or two because I will not be able to for the next week. Why you ask? I am stinkin' going to Florida :). I have been anticipating this trip for about three months now, and here I am today finally, the day before I fly down there.

The problem with being the way that I am, is that even though I am so excited to go tomorrow, and I probably wont be able to sleep tonight (I am like a kid when it comes to these things) I am already dreading coming back. I have already played out in my mind how it is going to be next week, and I am so not looking forward to that.

As I have noted before, this will be the first vacation that I have had in about seven or eight years. I had worked in the restaurant business for 14 years before finally escaping, and it is really hard to get vacation time without simply taking time off and losing pay.

Since today is Florida Eve, I wanted to put the question out there "What is the best/most memorable vacation that you have ever been on?"

I will probably write again today or tomorrow, but if not, I hope everyone has a good rest of the week and weekend.

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

It's hard to pick a favorite...my first trip to Disney World when I was in 5th grade was a vacation I'd waited forever for. Then, I went back for a family vacation to Disney World and the expanded EPCOT, et al for my high school graduation present. But, every summer I vacationed in Michigan with my Aunt, who I corresponded with throughout the year. Those are most likely my all-time favorites - especially now that she has passed on.

A great vacation for me now would be a week where I could read all day by the pool and watch movies at night. :)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

I am with ya...I cant wait to finally stop moving for a few days and catch my breath.

FYI...I dont think my favorite vacation has happened yet (this trip could prove to be)...lol.

I have a few memorable ones...one particular trip to florida when I was really young, a trip I took to Savanah by myself (my first time flying, and my first alone, grown up trip...very fun).

The ones I look most forward to someday are my honeymoon (wherever it ends up being) and whenever I finally get to make it to australia someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home