Wednesday, June 22, 2005

After the Caloric Massacre

As the dust settles, and I look back over the events of my vacation, I realize that any kind of potential calorie count would be pointless. I was very proud of staying on top of my daily exercise routine (I was more worried about skipping that than anything), but my eating habbits were horrible. Don't get me wrong, I had some good meals in there...but I also had my fair share of bad ones. Not too many sweets, but a lot of fast food and pizza.

Now that I am back in the swing of things, I have a renewed focus on my caloric intake. As usual...this new focus sends me to the researching benefits of the internet and magazines. One article that I found today in particular, that has a lot of good stuff is: The Practical Way to Lose Fat by Jeremy Likness.

The author presents a lot of ideology that would burn the ears of the proponents of the current "diet fads". I recommend taking a look if you have time. His most profound thought comes in the last lines: "Perhaps the most useful tool for losing fat isn't a nutrition guide or workout program after all...it is a trait. Patience is by far the most powerful tool to lose fat and keep it off."

4 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I totally agree. There's no magic or secret to losing weight. You have to burn more than you eat. Simple. So make small changes you can keep for a lifetime. You just need common sense. And patience.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger erica said...

i hate patience.. i wanna be in shape when it´s still summer!!! lol.
i guess i am just gonnna have to learn *sigh*

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Rachel,
definitely...all of the diet tricks may be quick fixes, but it is unhealthy in the long run...and any weight that is taken off quickly is likely to come right back once the quick fix diet it over...
it is common sense, and it is a simple math equation of intake versus output. even if it takes a long time, it is more worth it for a lifetime.

Erica,
I know the frustrations dear...hang in there. when you get back in the states, i dont mind sitting down with you and helping you change things. we can rollerblade together and stuff too.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! I need a roller blading buddy! cant wait!
- e r i c a

 

Post a Comment

<< Home