Monday, May 09, 2005

What up dog...i mean doc...

Although this is the second rabbit from the "Rabbits from around the globe" series, it does not mean he is second in my heart :).

Bugs Bunny has been entertaining people for generations. In fact, I just learned that he is 67 years old this year.

The "waskily wabbit" (sp?) was introduced in 1938 in "Porky's Hare Hunt", but did not munch on a carrot, or utter his famous "Eh, what's up doc?", or kiss Elmer Fudd until 1940 in "A Wild Hare".

As for many, my age and older, Bugs Bunny was a huge part of cartoon watching. It is unfortunate that cartoons today have changed into Pokemon and Rugrats. Dont get me wrong, I love a good episode of Dexter's labratory and the like. But there is well thought out humor and slapstick from the days of Bugs and his cohorts that will never be seen again.

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

The days of Bugs, the Flintstones, the Jetsons....I wanted to grow up to be Jane Jetson or Betty Rubble. :)

Can I vote for a post about Thumper, another Rabbit from around the Globe, that first taught me what twitterpaited meant?

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

I will consider thumper...maybe i will post an entry and let people vote :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home