Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A lot to say about nothing...a little to say about something...

I have recently become a huge fan of the blogging phenomena...reading some different ones on a daily basis even. It actually feels very strange to have that much of a glimpse into a persons life sometimes. Very much even feels like I am stalking them to a degree :)...

What I have realized within the last couple of days is that blogs are a perfect outlet for those of us, like myself, who can easily use 1000 words to tell a story that would take any other average person about 300 words to share.

What the two different types of people do have in common is that the heart of the matter...the main information...is being distributed to the hearer...but it is at that point where the two types of personalities diverge.

The difference is the ride to get to the so called heart of the matter. A person like myself, the story teller that I am, has a tendency to do several things when disseminating information:

1. There is always a rabbit to chase. Rabbits can pop up at any twist or turn in the plot of the conversation. They come from random thoughts, any comment that reminds the person of another story, or any details that the story teller deems are important for the story to be better.
2. They have a flare for the dramatic...having a tendency to overestimate or underestimate small or minor details of the story.
3. Every bit of information that can be passed along to someone can be told in a story format (i.e. telling someone about a trip to the supermarket can turn into a thirty minute routine :)).
4. People like myself love a crowd. The more dramatic and big a story is...the more people in the room turn to hear what happened next.

If two of these types of people get together for a conversation, they better keep an eye on the clock if they have an appointment to keep...I have even found myself setting time limits when I am speaking to another one of these so called "rabbit chasers".

Long story short (I have a tendency to say that a lot too...lol) I am starting my own blog to have an outlet to do this sort of thing.

The unfortunate thing, is that I do not know how often I will get to post new stuff. I do not have internet at home as a personal choice...I can get into that thought later...so what I type will be while I am at work (the boss probably wouldnt appreciate too much of that), or what I write at home and bring with me to upload.

Hope all are having a wonderful day.

8 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

Well, I'm assuming that I'm a proud member of your "Rabbit Chaser Club"...or the RCC as we may want to call it. I'll tesitfy that rarely do we ever talk without a time limit...that we unfortunately break very often. ;)


rose

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Kevin, Rose never told me that we have so much in common. I had to stop and think if I wrote that...sounds just like me! Hopefully one day we will get to hang out more...and you can meet my new hubby...oh...one more thing....ROLL TIDE! Paige

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Rose,

Thanks for being the first comment :)...as much as we talk that follows the pattern...

Paige,

I would like to meet your new hubby...if i end up in athens, we will have to make plans to hang out. I plan on coming to some AU games since i will be close, if i move there...maybe even season tickets :).

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Kevin. I am suprised that Rose isn't the first and last person to sign your webpage. :) Why didn't you send an email with Kendall Marie's email address so everyone could vote for her??? I am listening, all ears!!!

Seriously, how cute is your website. I haven't read everything just yet because I went straight to the comment section because...I am nosey! :) Hi, Rose with the T-mobile. I am afaird we can not be friends anymore because I now have Cingular. :( Sad times! Kev, can I join the RCC club? I think you can tell I am good at chasing rabbits just by reading my email. Focus, Carrie, Focus!!

Well Ta-Ta for now! Love, peace, and hair grease.

Love,
Carrie Marie & baby Kendall Marie

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Kevin Yates said...

Carrie,

what do you mean...you are one of the founding members of the RCC :).

I wonder how many rabbit trails/rabbit homes are on the 9th floor for the Riverviewsquare building downtown...lol.

keep in mind, our friendship started based on chasing rabbits at your desk as i went to the kitchen...either that or chasing ceramic angels or little homies :).

i already sent out a mass email about kendall...but with your permission, I may put a picture of her on my blog sometime.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

Hey Carrie....for the record, I voted for Kendall!!!! And, Kevin can verify that I fell in love with her picture....what a sweet precious little girl she is!!! I want one just like her!

rose

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RosieBoo...

I could not figure out how to leave a comment on your website so I am leaving one for you on here. Awww...sad times Kev, Rose is getting a message on your message board. Anywoo... Kendall has been a bad little girl today, she has not napped at all. Don't babies sleep? That's what I though. I decide you did not need to go out and get a baby like Kendall, when you can have her! I insist! Really! Actually, my little sweet pea is normaly a good baby but the last couple of days she has been a little moody. You need to sign Kendall's guest book. Hey Kev, you never signed her guest! Shame, shame. Thanks for voting Rose.

Peace Homeslices!
Carrie Marie & Baby Kendall

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

I'll take Kendall anytime you need a break....when you don't have your own babies, you can always give them back eventually. :) Motherhood isn't always the greatest, I'm sure. Thanks for the remote post to my site. :) Kev gave me your AIM handle, so I may ping you sometime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home